Thursday, May 28, 2009

Do You Listen to Your Intuition?

Is there a such thing as "Women's Intuition"? I know a lot of men would beg to differ, but I believe that there is. Not only have I had mine reveal things that my conscious mind couldn't handle, but I've also seen other women's in action. Some people like to make fun of intuition. They think it sounds crazy or too much like the ravings of a mad person...until those ravings ring true. Then there is no choice but to believe.

In life, we all have different experiences that shape & mold us. We also share our lives with others, and often find ourselves empathetic to what they may be going through also. We are taught to read what is before our eyes, and anything else is only speculation. If it's intangible, it can not be held against someone right? So even when we get those "feelings", we tend to go against them because there is nothing substantial to base those feelings on.

I can not begin to count the times I've heard women say "I just knew". Out of the examples (and I've seen quite a few) that I've seen, mostly everyone who had a suspicion/feeling was usually right. But although they had such strong feelings, they did not act because there was no proof. I like to think that this is a guilty person's argument. When guilty people are accused of doing something wrong, you often hear them repeat that there is no proof. Many times this is said before they ever proclaim innocence. Guilty parties will try to dismiss intuition and label it paranoia, but secretly be appalled at its accuracy. They may even wonder if the suspicion is based off of some slip-up on their part. The point I am making is that there are times where we will never know the whole truth. We can snoop and be suspicious, and never get an ounce of validation. Intuition is karma's way of warning you that there is something wrong even when there are no other warning signs.

I believe that intuition is given to everyone (not just women) for a reason. There are times where a thought occurs to you and you dismiss it. Then later, you find that your first inclination was not only correct, but spot-on! As this happens more & more, some people are able to hone into this ability and learn to trust it--even lean on it as a survival mechanism. Other people live their whole lives dismissing it. If you are wise, you learn to listen to your gut and it's proven track record. Shoot first & ask questions last. And contrary to what some people may think, nobody wants to believe that they are being lied to or deceived. It hurts to come to these revelations, but thank goodness that we can be enlightened and do not have to be any one's fool.

The idea of this blog post came to me because I was sitting on my bed doubting and second guessing my intuition again. Even after all of the times that it has truly saved me, I can't believe that I still don't want to believe in it. And on the other hand, there is a very strong part of me that wants to believe that there is really good in people and I am just jaded. But as I sit here knowing where my trust lies, I know what I must do. It's very simple: I keep cool. I don't snoop, sneak, spy, or pry because the best thing about intuition is that what lives in darkness will always come to light, and never by my hand. And if I am wrong, and crazy, and paranoid, shame on me. But time has already proven to me that I am right and that it is time for me to high-tale it out of harm's way.
 
Clicky Web Analytics